Now Hiring Police officers. Full and part time positions available. BLET, F-3 and a Resume required.
- Patrol a designated area of campus to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crimes and to enforce traffic regulations.
- Take charge of and guide the work of subordinate law enforcement personnel in various situations until relieved by superior officer.
- Answer calls and complaints involving accidents, fire, traffic, robberies, misdemeanors or felonies and takes necessary police action.
- Investigate crimes against persons and property.
- Search for and evaluate evidence.
- Arrest person or persons suspected of crimes.
Are you interested in being hired?
Please check the requirements:
- Officers must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Knowledge of the District and Federal governments ordinances, statutes and laws, in addition to PSD general and Special Orders.
- Knowledge of the principles of good human relations, in order to properly interface with people on a daily basis.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, in order to write incident reports, log entries, etc.Knowledge of the methods, techniques and services pertinent to security and protection of life and property and community and human relations.
Physical Demands: Incumbent must meet the physical requirements set forth in 12 NCAC 09B .0101 and 12 NCAC 09B .0111 by the state of North Carolina and qualifications for a Special Police Officer's license. The incumbent must be certified by a licensed physician and physically and psychologically fit to perform the duties of a special police officer. The physical examination will be given by a Licensed Physician. Accordingly, responsibilities may entail exertion of the necessary physical effort to restrain, detain and handcuff individual(s).
What we can offer you:
Although unfortunate, domestic and international crime is on the rise and security is a major concern for our nation--as well as other nations. Increase in crime, combined with an ever growing population, creates a never ending demand for qualified law enforcement professionals. According to a report released by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics the demand for qualified law enforcement professionals is expected to continue at a rate higher than that for most other occupations through the year 2018.
In addition to job security, NC Special Police law enforcement professionals are provided generous 401k plans and several medical coverage plans. Generally receive salary increases and most employees receive special salary rates to compensate them for expected overtime and special duty assignments.
Base salaries for police officers are often augmented by a variety of special pays, including:
- Overtime, comp time, and court time for duty beyond the standard schedule
- Annual uniform replacement
- Periodic equipment allowances